Saturday, August 9, 2008

Time Flies



Our last weekend in Prague. It's very hard to believe that we have been here for three months. In that time we have been blessed beyond measure. We have traveled throughout this country as well into others, we have met many great people and friends, and we've gained a lot of experience. Plus we got three months together in our first year of marriage to hang out, in another country! It's been truly amazing.

We leave on Thursday, have various flights and will arrive in Ohio on Friday. It will be a long travel experience, and we have an extra challenge because I like pottery, and bought some (and don't want it to break!) We're even hoping to see a teeny bit of New York Thursday night, just a little at least.

Perhaps after the trip I'll be able to answer the profound questions about how life has been altered from being here. Right now, I don't know those answers. I don't know where we'll live, or work, or when we'll know those answers. However, as Bryan mentioned the other day, God works it all out for us. There's no need to be worried. After I let the worry go a little bit, I got an email that was encouraging in the job hunt. It's a company in Nashville, not exactly sure what all I would be doing- but the pay is decent, benefits are available, and the guy who has been emailing me seems fun. If that's not the job, I'll be okay, find something else, keep hunting. Bryan is still hunting.

About a month into the trip I was ready to leave. I was done with the inconveniences, done with not knowing the language, not knowing the culture and customs, done with being here. Yet, being on the brink of return, I realize that the uncomfortable feeling I had was me being challenged. I feel that I took that challenge head-on and did pretty okay.

I can't wait to see everyone, show you things, tell stories, hang out, talk face-to-face. But, I'm going to enjoy the last few days we have here... 'cause who knows, we may never be back. Then again, we may get home, miss it so bad, and hop on the next flight back! Who knows?

-Brittany

No comments: